Ubuntu-delta RTL8192SE review.

Manjo Iyer manjo at manjo.net
Mon Nov 15 15:37:39 UTC 2010

On Tue, Nov 9, 2010 at 4:55 PM, Tim Gardner <tim.gardner at canonical.com> wrote:
> On 11/09/2010 05:38 PM, Manoj Iyer wrote:
>>
>> Tim,
>>
>> What is your opinion on getting this driver in staging replacing the
>> old one? Also I can upstream the firmware bits to woodhouse tree.
>>

> Well, I'm a bit curious how you intend to get this driver into staging when
> its already there in the rtl8192e ?

According to realtek RTL8192E and RTL8192SE are two different cards. I
have dropped the idea of upstreaming anything wrt to rtl8192se.
Realtek is developing MAC80211 based driver for RTL8192SE, that is why
the current driver is not upstream. So, we will have to carry this
driver in our ubuntu-delta till they upstream their new driver (and
firmware). In my email communication with them they told me they are
willing to fix bugs that are opened against the driver that is in our
ubuntu-delta tree.

> Fire the firmware bits upstream.
>
> rtg
> --