mainline builds

Andy Whitcroft apw at canonical.com
Thu Nov 4 15:24:25 UTC 2010

On Wed, Nov 03, 2010 at 10:58:21PM -0700, Kees Cook wrote:
> Hi!
>
> It seems the -maverick mainline builds are being built in a Hardy chroot?
> They're reporting GCC: (GNU) 4.2.3 (Ubuntu 4.2.3-2ubuntu7) which isn't even
> an up to date Hardy system (the gcc in -security is 4.2.4)!
>
> Can this be fixed to build in a maverick chroot instead so locally built
> modules can be loaded?
>
> Came to my attention via this:
> http://askubuntu.com/questions/11252/how-do-i-get-nvidia-drivers-to-work-with-mainline-ppa-kernels/

Yeah currently we only have hardy chroots on the machine they are built
on currently; though I had assumed they were being updated at least.  I
assume it would make more sense to have them built in the appropriate
chroots.  I guess we'll investigate whether we can get those built or we
would need to move the builds.

-apw