compiling and booting 2.6.34

Lucio Crusca lucio at sulweb.org
Fri May 28 18:47:22 UTC 2010

Hello *,

I don't know if this is the correct place to ask, however I'm trying to
compile 2.6.34 vanilla on my Ubuntu 10.04 in order to spot a possible
regression bug in current Lucid Lynx kernel. However I can't get 2.6.34 to
boot. Can you help me have 2.6.34 boot on my system please?

If this is the correct place and you feel like helping me, you can take a
look at the bug report [1] for details about the kernel config I'm using and
my hardware, so that I don't repeat all that stuff here.

Thanks a lot,
Lucio.

[1] https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/linux/+bug/585258