Status of Intel HDA powersave mode for Maverick

Chase Douglas chase.douglas at
Fri May 28 14:26:47 UTC 2010

On Fri, 2010-05-28 at 10:14 -0400, Daniel Chen wrote:
> On Fri, May 28, 2010 at 9:20 AM, Chase Douglas
> <chase.douglas at> wrote:
> > I've got a macbook 5,1 with an nVidia MCP chip. Is this one setup you
> > need further testing on? I'd be happy to help you out here.
> Sure, that's certainly a controller that needs further testing.

What do I need to do? I'm running the current Maverick kernel on a Lucid
install right now, but I'm flexible :). 

> Despite Maverick being a bit more edge-leaning, I think it'll be best
> if we coordinate landing of driver patches and pm-utils policy
> [removal] so that there isn't a significant period (i.e., more than
> one week) where popping is present for the untested controller+codec
> combinations.

Can you list the patches we are waiting for? I wouldn't mind knowing
what to look for upstream.


-- Chase

More information about the kernel-team mailing list