linux-firmware, Maverick edition

Chase Douglas chase.douglas at canonical.com
Tue May 25 15:57:30 UTC 2010

Tim,

I've rebased the lucid linux-firmware branch onto the current upstream
tree [1]. The end result can be found in my linux-firmware tree in the
maverick branch [2]. Please review. I can provide a source package for
you to upload when you find it acceptable.

As an overview, I squashed all the debian packaging commits, except the
lucid changelog commits, to be the first commit of the rebase. I then
squashed all the lucid changelog commits to the last commit and added a
new version (1.35) for the rebase. I squashed these to the end because
it made more sense for the changelog commit referencing new firmware to
follow the commits that introduced the firmware. This seemed like a
reasonable approach to me, but I'm open to suggestions on how to do this
better. There were two or three commits that we had cherry-picked, so I
deleted those commits altogether during the rebase.

This first version for Maverick includes just the rebase against
upstream. After this is done I will start working on merging firmware
from medibuntu's alsa-firmware to linux-firmware{,-nonfree}.

Thanks,

-- Chase

[1]
git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/dwmw2/linux-firmware.git
[2] git://kernel.ubuntu.com/cndougla/linux-firmware.git