[RFC] Loading uinput module by default in 10.10 for bluetooth devices?

Chase Douglas chase.douglas at canonical.com
Sun May 23 22:29:24 UTC 2010

On Sun, 2010-05-23 at 15:42 -0400, Daniel Chen wrote:
> On Sun, May 23, 2010 at 3:30 PM, Jerone Young
> <jerone.young at canonical.com> wrote:
> >        I wanted to see if anyone knew anything bad about uinput kernel
> > module?
>
> I've based some things on http://codegrove.org/python-uinput/, but
> that isn't kernelspace. :)
>
> >        -) Have the bluetoothd init script try to load it
>
> This approach is preferable to the /etc/modules one. There is
> precedent (albeit possibly icky) in the cups initscript.

I also use this approach in my rinputd server application. You can find
the code in the do_start function of my init script at:

http://bazaar.launchpad.net/~chasedouglas/rinput/debian/annotate/head:/debian/rinputd.init

I don't know if this is the "preferred" way or not, but it gets the job
done :).

-- Chase