Logitech Headset

Luis R. Rodriguez mcgrof at gmail.com
Wed May 19 17:11:53 UTC 2010

On Wed, May 19, 2010 at 10:00 AM, Kevin McKinney <klmckinney1 at gmail.com> wrote:
>> As I noted, I do not think there is a driver required, but I am also
>> not sure how the device exports its capabilities for microphone/audio
>> to the OS.
> Point well taken.. I can still use this for my final project;

How so? To describe how you didn't need a driver and how the
technology works in the background? You mean reverse engineering the
protocol ?

> unless you
> know of another device that requires a driver  :) ???

Yes, take a look at the staging area of the Linux kernel and port one
of those puppies over to proper after checking with the devel driver
list to see if someone is already not doing it. The nice thing with
this is you don't have to fight with a vendor already to get some code
out, the could would already be available to you and the code is in a
tree. All you'd have to do is fix it up for proper.

>> I was using an
>> older version of the kernel at that time
>> (2.6.27) http://kemnet.homelinux.com/lxr/source/2.6.27/.
>> That is dirt fucking old.
>
> LOL - I know, I will start using the most recent kernel.

No problem. Just noticed the headset looked similar to what I bought
so figured I'd chime in.

  Luis