Ubuntu Kernel Team meeting minutes, 2010-03-30
brad.figg at canonical.com
Tue Mar 30 19:06:01 UTC 2010
= Meeting Minutes =
[[http://irclogs.ubuntu.com/2010/03/30/%23ubuntu-meeting.txt|IRC Log of the meeting.]]
== Agenda ==
[[https://wiki.ubuntu.com/KernelTeam/Meeting#Tues, 30 March, 2010|20100230 Meeting Agenda]]
=== Outstanding actions from last meeting ===
* JFo to send out regression bug day announcements on monday
e-mail went out last week for the schedule to all bug lists that normal bug days go to
* JFo to do a wiki page on regression bug days
In progress, carried forward to next week.
Wiki page for the Bug Day is located here: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/KernelTeam/KernelBugDay.
=== Release Metrics ===
* Bugs (Release Meeting Bugs / RC Milestoned Bugs / Release Targeted Bugs)
|| || Beta 2 Milestoned Bugs || Release Targeted Bugs ||
||linux || 13 || 32 ||
||linux-fsl-imx51 || 0 || 0 ||
||linux-ec2 || 1 || 1 ||
||linux-mvl-dove || 1 || 2 ||
* Milestoned Features
* 0 blueprints
* Bugs with Patches Attached:123 (up 4)
* Breakdown by status:
<MootBot> LINK received: http://qa.ubuntu.com/reports/ogasawara/csv-stats/bugs-with-patches/linux/
=== Blueprints: kernel-lucid-bug-handling (JFo) ===
Only outstanding item for beta 2 still open: [leannogasawara] apport -- sub-system directed reporting [amber]:INPROGRESS all other beta 2 tasks are complete
=== Blueprints: kerne-lucid-kernel-config-review (apw) ===
PATA and SATA pull out is done and some debian installer fallout sorted out (thanks smb), and the review of the builtin sub-systems complete.
=== Blueprints: kernel-lucid-kms (sconklin / apw) ===
I've just released a test kernel which addresses the flickering problem with some Intel graphics devices. There are five bugs open against this: http://bit.ly/aiKuuL. Otherwise we are continuing to debug issues as they appear.
=== Blueprints: kernel-lucid-suspend-resume (manjo) ===
Nothing new to report.
=== Blueprints: kernel-lucid-apparmor-development (jjohansen) ===
Looking at Bug #458299, Bug #529288, Bug #544764, Bug #549428, which all seem to be inter-related or even possibly symptoms of the same bug
* Launchpad bug 458299 in linux "apparmor_parser: page allocation failure. order:5" [High,Confirmed] https://launchpad.net/bugs/458299
* Launchpad bug 529288 in linux ""Kernel Oops" - unable to handle kernel paging request at ffff880323279bf2 RIP is at aa_dfa_match_len+0xd9/0xf0" [Low,Incomplete] https://launchpad.net/bugs/529288
* Launchpad bug 544764 in apparmor "unkillable apparmor_parser" [Undecided,New] https://launchpad.net/bugs/544764
* Launchpad bug 549428 in apparmor "Triggers permanent high i/o load after upgrade" [Undecided,New] https://launchpad.net/bugs/549428
=== Blueprints: kernel-lucid-boot-performance (apw, csurbhi) ===
Looks like the remaining ureadahead work will get postponed to Lucid+1 as the userspace bits are not likely to make Lucid. That likely will close off the blueprint.
=== Other Release Tasks: Lucid Audio Support (bjf) ===
Did a bunch of arsenal work, blasted several hundred alsa-driver bugs with automated comments.
=== Other Release Tasks: Lucid Better Power Mgt (cnd) ===
Pushed a new set of packages out and a CFT (call for testing). No news since.
=== Other Release Tasks: EC2 Lucid Kernel Status (jjohansen) ===
Did lots of testing for Bug #540378, Bug #527208, haven't been able to trip either so we are looking good for EC2.
* Launchpad bug 540378 in linux-ec2 "BUG: soft lockup - CPU#1 stuck for 66s! [swapper:0]" [Medium,New] https://launchpad.net/bugs/540378
* Launchpad bug 527208 in linux-ec2 "ec2 instance fails boot, no console output on c1.xlarge" [High,Confirmed] https://launchpad.net/bugs/527208
=== Status: Lucid (apw) ===
Lucid is at stable 184.108.40.206+drm33.1. We are prepping to the Beta-2 freeze on Thursday, and expect to upload kernels for that early Wednesday. Anything we need in should be up for review _today_.
=== Security & bugfix kernels - Karmic/Jaunty/Intrepid/Hardy/Others (smb) ===
* Hardy: 2.6.24-27.68 (security)
2.6.24-27.69 (proposed)[ 6] 1/ 3 verifications done (+1)
* Intrepid: 2.6.27-17.46 (security)
* Jaunty: 2.6.28-18.60 (security)
* Karmic: 2.6.31-20.58 (security)
2.6.31-21.59 (proposed)[ 6] 2/19 verifications done (+2)
- LBM 2.6.31-20.22 (security)
2.6.31-21.23 (proposed)[ 6] 0/ 2 verifications done
- mvl-dove 2.6.31-212.26 (security)
2.6.31-213.27 (proposed)[ 6]
- fsl-imx51 2.6.31-109.25 (security)
2.6.31-110.26 (proposed)[ 6] 0/ 1 verifications done
1/ 1 failed! -> #507416
- ec2 2.6.31-109.25 (security)
2.6.31-110.26 (proposed)[ 6]
Karmic ec2 and mvl-dove have no open bug reports but were rebased to the version of master in proposed. Asked for quick re-test.
Karmic fsl-imx51 needs to set the status right. An update for it has been uploaded today (consisting of previous and new changelog).
=== Incoming Bugs: Regressions (JFo) ===
568 Lucid Bugs (up 130)
Current regression stats (broken down by release):
==== regression-potential (up 38) ====
* 166 lucid bugs
==== regression-update (up 1) ====
* 12 karmic bugs
* 5 jaunty bugs
* 2 intrepid bugs
* 1 hardy bug
==== regression-release (down 1) ====
* 53 karmic bugs
* 21 jaunty bugs
* 11 intrepid bugs
* 4 hardy bugs
==== regression-proposed (no change) ====
* 1 karmic bug
please note the big bump in lucid regressions
=== Incoming Bugs: Bug day report (JFo) ===
* Today is another Kernel Team 'regression-' bug day. Thanks for working on these last week. The next Kernel Regression Bug Day will be on Thursday of this week.
=== Open Discussion or Questions ===
* Nothing this week
Brad Figg brad.figg at canonical.com http://www.canonical.com
More information about the kernel-team