Fwd: Re: Ubuntu Kernel Team meeting minutes, 2010-03-16

Brad Figg brad.figg at canonical.com
Wed Mar 17 00:57:42 UTC 2010

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Re: Ubuntu Kernel Team meeting minutes, 2010-03-16
Date: Tue, 16 Mar 2010 17:44:48 -0700
From: Bryce Harrington <bryce at canonical.com>
To: Brad Figg <brad.figg at canonical.com>
CC: ubuntu-devel at lists.ubuntu.com

On Tue, Mar 16, 2010 at 12:18:12PM -0700, Brad Figg wrote:
>   * I am reworking the way the arsenal scripts gather and process bugs
> so that I can extend the 'reach' of the script deeper into the
> backlog. I'll probably do a rather intense round of bug processing
> during the lull after release freeze.

I'll be happy to share some advice based on my experience using the
scripts if you have questions or just want to bounce around ideas.

>   * I sent out an e-mail to the c-k-t list (meant to send to the k-t
> list) regarding a wiki page describing the rationale for automated bug
> processing. Please provide some feedback. I'd like to get this URL
> integrated into the arsenal scripts soon.

Sounds like a really good idea - any further details on this?  Sounds
like something worth putting into arsenal in general for X as well as
the kernel.

> === Blueprints: kernel-lucid-kms (sconklin / apw) ===
> We are seeing a lot of issues with i945 and older graphics cards,
> which includes all the atom netbooks.  This is looking to be new
> occurance of the i915.powersave problems, we will disable powersaving
> for these 'older' cards by default.

Yeah I've heard this is needed for a lot of cards.  I would suggest it
might be a good idea to have a troubleshooting page in wiki, sort of
like I do with X bugs, that defines the problem briefly, indicates how
to test for if you really do have the bug, lists known ways to work
around the issue, and gives a paint-by-numbers way to report the bug in
a way that makes it simple for the developers to fix.

Bryce