[Rebase review] Hardy netbook-lpia branch rebase to Ubuntu-2.6.24-28.71

Ike Panhc ike.pan at canonical.com
Wed Jun 30 13:11:42 UTC 2010

Hi,

The git tree is available at

http://kernel.ubuntu.com/ikepanhc/hardy-kernel/.git
branch netbook-lpia
tag NBK-Ubuntu-2.6.24-28.71netbook01

The 28.70netbook01 kernel uploaded but build failed with the error message:
dh_installdeb: package linux-image-debug-2.6.24-28-lpia is not in control info.
The control info will be generated when 'fdr clean' in hardy-lpia environment
and the debian/control is older then debian/control.stub.in. Since no commit
touches the control file in netbook branch, the reasonable approach is to let
the rebase script regenerating debian/control. But it requires 'do_debug="Yes"'
in debian/binary-custom.d/lpia/vars which is added in netbook branch [1] that
will be applied after those commit generated automatically by rebase script.

So, this time I rebase with the simplest approach which is to update the
control file and make sure the control info we need is in the debian/control.
This is the simplest way I think and it will not surprise anyone.

[1]: http://kernel.ubuntu.com/git?p=ikepanhc/hardy-kernel/.git;a=commit;h=e248838a9f912183e28853947b16400d1dfd3fdf