mainline kernel build: aufs missing

Christoph Thielecke christoph.thielecke at gmx.de
Fri Jun 18 12:57:03 UTC 2010

Hello Tim,

> > I try the mainline kernel from kernel-ppa
> > (http://kernel.ubuntu.com/~kernel-ppa/mainline/v2.6.34-lucid/) and the
> > aufs module is missing (which is in default ubuntu lucid kernel and
> > needed by me, see also
> > http://packages.ubuntu.com/search?searchon=contents&keywords=aufs.ko&mode
> >=exactfilename&suite=lucid&arch=any).
> >
> > Could you add that module?
>
> aufs is not part of the mainline kernel.
Right but its in ubuntu kernel. Is there a way to get a package for the
mainline kernel which includes the aufs module or to include the module in
the package?

Or is there another kernel package archive which never kernels for ubuntu? I
really need the 2.6.34 instead of 2.6.32.

With best regards

Christoph
--
Linux User Group Wernigerode