[RFC] [Maverick] Pull ti-omap4 branch

Tim Gardner tim.gardner at canonical.com
Thu Jun 17 13:38:54 UTC 2010

On 06/17/2010 04:38 AM, Bryan Wu wrote:
> Hiya,
>
> During the past several weeks after UDS, I worked Sebastien from TI on omap4
> kernel enablement for our Maverick. So here is the branch:
> git://kernel.ubuntu.com/roc/ubuntu-maverick.git ti-ubuntu-2.6.34
>
> (http://kernel.ubuntu.com/git?p=roc/ubuntu-maverick.git;a=shortlog;h=refs/heads/ti-ubuntu-2.6.34)
>
> This branch is based on TI integration release tree (2.6.34 based kernel). And
> we borrowed Debian package stuff from Lucid ti-omap branch. I plan to sync with
> Maverick Debian package stuff later.
>
> TI will upgrade to 2.6.35 before our kernel freeze, so we will sync with them on
> time.
>
> Lee Jones and Sebastien helped tested the kernel on their hardware. Now it can
> support both 2 hardware targets: Blaze and Panda.
>
> Please help us to review this branch, after it is merged I will try to maintain
> that.
>
> Thanks a lot.

Is the plan to try and integrate OMAP4 into the master branch when TI
releases their 2.6.35 kernel? If so, Sept 2 is the last possible date
that we'll consider attempting that integration as that gives us only 2
weeks before kernel freeze (Sept 16).

Otherwise we'll just have to carry OMAP4 as a Maverick topic branch.

Tim Gardner tim.gardner at canonical.com