[Rebase review] Hardy netbook-lpia branch rebase to 2.6.24-28.70

Stefan Bader stefan.bader at canonical.com
Mon Jun 14 12:17:48 UTC 2010

On 06/10/2010 03:01 PM, Ike Panhc wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Please review for the rebase on Hardy netbook-lpia branch including lbm/lrm/lum.
> The git tree is at the following place:
>
> git://kernel.ubuntu.com/ikepanhc/hardy-kernel/.git branch netbook-lpia and
> tag NBK-Ubuntu-2.6.24-28.70netbook01
>
> git://kernel.ubuntu.com/ikepanhc/hardy-lbm/.git branch netbook-lpia and
> tag NBK-Ubuntu-2.6.24-28.70netbook01
>
> git://kernel.ubuntu.com/ikepanhc/hardy-lrm/.git branch netbook-lpia and
> tag NBK-Ubuntu-2.6.24.25-28.1netbook01
>
> git://kernel.ubuntu.com/ikepanhc/hardy-lum/.git branch netbook-lpia and
> tag NBK-Ubuntu-2.6.24-28.70netbook01
>

> What has been done list below.
>
> For Hardy kernel:
>  * Rebase to tag Ubuntu-2.6.24-28.70
>  * Disable LGUEST_GUEST for two reason: we dont need it and build failed on it.
>  * Remove debian/control and debian/control.stub: Those are auto-generated files
>
> For LBM/LRM/LUM:
>  * Bump ABI number with kernel tree
>  * Remove debian/control and debian/control.stub
>

> Please review and let me know if you have any feedback for each step.
> If everything is fine, I will upload them to build server.
>
> --
> Ike Panhc

Hi Ike,

sorry that it took so long. I went over the trees today. As those are currently,
they should be generally correct. You might either now and update the trees
before uploading or for the next release, consider to remove kernel-versions as
well. If you decide to do it now. You could move the commit that removes those
before the abi bump, which then will touch only the changelog.
But as this is only build infrastructure you may as well decide to make that
change not now but for the next rebase/upload.
Otherwise I think this looks good.

-Stefan