help with VFS patch for symlink protection

Kees Cook kees at ubuntu.com
Thu Jun 10 18:55:00 UTC 2010

Hello,

So, while I have attempted to enlist[1] the help of people reading
the linux-fsdevel mailing list upstream, no one has stepped forward to
answer the question of "how do I move this symlink protection test[2] to
only the final element of a pathname evaluation?" which may be the last
technical blocker to the symlink patch, as described by Al Viro.

Does anyone know this area of the VFS well enough to assist me?  I can
probably figure it out given enough time, but I was hoping someone might
know this area better already.

Thanks,

-Kees

[1] http://lkml.org/lkml/2010/6/4/44