ck patches in a ppa

Daniel Hollocher danielhollocher at gmail.com
Mon Jul 26 17:25:36 UTC 2010

Hey folks,
I am working on a ppa [0] that consists of the kernel
patched with the ck/bfs patches [1].

Right now, I do this in a seemingly hackish way, based off the work of
the person who was doing it before me[2].  This person put together a
patch which I believe edits the package name in a whole bunch of
places, and disables some of the sanity checks to get it working in a
ppa setting.  What I have been doing is to just update this patch for
new kernel releases, ie add this, remove that, update the line counts
kinda thing.

It is working for me.  My question is, is this really the best way to
do things?  It is hard to tell through the different docs that I found
through google...

Thanks,
Dan

[0] https://launchpad.net/~chogydan/+archive/ppa