AW: [ath9k-devel] Firmware - ar9271.fw not found

Pavel Roskin proski at gnu.org
Sun Jul 18 02:50:30 UTC 2010

On Fri, 2010-07-16 at 08:57 +0200, Falk-Moritz Schaefer wrote:
> - Ubuntu 10.04 LTS with 2.6.32-21-generic
> - compat-wireless from 27.06.2010
>
> Let me clearify, that I am not using the compat ubuntu package but a self
> compiled version, so consequently dev_set_uevent_suppress() does not matter.
> The network-manager is deinstalled on both laptops. There are two TL-WN721N
> cards both work on one laptop but not on the other.

The source of linux-backports-modules-wireless-2.6.32-21-generic is
affected by the race condition!  That's compat-wireless for the original
kernel shipped with Ubuntu 10.04.

It means dev_set_uevent_suppress() is not called for Linux 2.6.30 and
newer.

2.6.32-22.13 is also affected.  2.6.32-23.16 and 2.6.32-24.17 are not
affected.

It's entirely possible that the Ubuntu linux-backports-modules-wireless
might have priority over compat-wireless.

Also, it's possible that compat-wireless was compiled for a kernel that
you are no longer running.

Please make sure your system is up-to-date.  That should be sufficient.

If you really want to use self compiled compat-wireless, please remove
linux-backports-modules-wireless if it's installed.  In this case, don't
forget to recompile compat-wireless every time you update the kernel.

If you have further questions, please post the output of "modinfo
ath9k_htc" so we know which module you are using.

--
Regards,
Pavel Roskin