Scripting buildpackage for maint tools

Steve Conklin sconklin at canonical.com
Wed Jul 7 19:30:10 UTC 2010

I wasted some time today by not running fakeroot debian/rules clean
before building a kernel package for upload to a PPA, so I added the
clean to the script I've been using. I'd like to add that to our maint
tools scripts, but I thought I'd run it past the team for comments
first.

I've seen this documented for kernel use both with and without the
ignore flags for the .git files. It seems correct to me to ignore them.

Here's what it looks like, am I missing anything?:

#!/bin/bash
fakeroot debian/rules clean
dpkg-buildpackage -S -rfakeroot -I.git -I.gitignore -i'\.git.*'