dm-loop patch dropped?

Hadmut Danisch hadmut at danisch.de
Fri Jan 29 10:09:47 GMT 2010

Hi,

I was looking for a solution for ubuntu bug #500331. A dmsetup command
that use to work well in jaunty does not work in karmic
anymore. Redhat's developers of the dmsetup command told me, that
these commands depend on the dm-loop patch for the linux kernel, which
was not yet accepted into the main stream kernel. It seems as if these
patches had been applied to jaunty kernels (and maybe older ubuntu
versions), but are not applied to karmic anymore.

Has the functionality been dropped intentionally?

regards
Hadmut