Patch to disable NCQ for some SSD drives

Vishal Rao vishalrao at gmail.com
Tue Jan 26 18:09:52 UTC 2010

2010/1/26 Ben Hutchings <ben at decadent.org.uk>:
> You should send the patch to the ATA maintainer,

Thanks, patch sent with an initial (not so encouraging) response
from Alan Cox:

http://lkml.org/lkml/2010/1/26/185
http://lkml.org/lkml/2010/1/26/202

Should the patch be rejected, might Ubuntu incorporate it (in
essence) for the benefit of users who shouldn't be dismayed at
their new SSDs' breakage the way I was? :-)

Would be nice to have for the quality of LTS Lucid I would think...

In any case, the workaround is to pass " libata.force=noncq "
as part of the kernel boot options which I think is already
mentioned in LP: #502219 .

--
"Thou shalt not follow the null pointer for at its end madness and chaos lie."