Lucid request update: sfc driver

Ben Hutchings bhutchings at solarflare.com
Wed Jan 13 20:57:12 UTC 2010

On Wed, 2010-01-13 at 14:27 +0000, Tim Gardner wrote:
> Tim Gardner wrote:
> > Ben Hutchings wrote:
> >> Please update the sfc driver to the version in 2.6.33-rc3.  This adds
> >> support for the SFC9000 family of 10G Ethernet adapters.  Note that
> >> there are a very large number of changes in the driver after 2.6.32;
> >> most of these were refactoring required in preparation for the addition
> >> of new hardware support.
[...]
> > Have a look at 'git://kernel.ubuntu.com/rtg/ubuntu-lucid sfc' and see if
> > you think I've done it right.
> >
> > I think the 3 core networking patches are benign.
> >
> > rtg
>
> That would be 'git://kernel.ubuntu.com/rtg/ubuntu-lucid.git sfc'

That looks right to me, and passes some basic testing.  Thanks a lot!

There are a couple more bug fixes on the way; shall I ping you when they
appear in an rc?

Ben.

--
Ben Hutchings, Senior Software Engineer, Solarflare Communications
They asked us to note that Solarflare product names are trademarked.