linux-firmware-nonfree: Add prism54 softmac firmware

Luis R. Rodriguez mcgrof at gmail.com
Tue Feb 23 20:02:08 UTC 2010

On Tue, Feb 23, 2010 at 7:47 AM, Chase Douglas
<chase.douglas at canonical.com> wrote:
> I have uploaded a new version of the linux-firmware-nonfree package to:
>
> http://kernel.ubuntu.com/~cndougla/linux-firmware-nonfree/
>
> The new package includes the firmware for prism54 softmac cards. The firmware
> was removed from linux-firmware due to it missing a proper license statement. I
> did not copy over the old prism54 (non-softmac) firmware because it has been
> superseded by the softmac firmware and is no longer useful in the Lucid kernel
> version.

Hey is PRISM54 no longer compiled in a module any more? I had set it
for removal on the feature removal schedule but  I wanted to give you
the heads up we've received a few reports of users unable to use
prism54 over p54pci. It was theorized this would happen but we didn't
have any confirmation, which is why we just didn't remove it.

How would you guys deal with having both enabled.

  Luis