Note: Atheros ethernet part of compat-wireless too

Luis R. Rodriguez mcgrof at gmail.com
Wed Feb 10 18:16:41 UTC 2010

On Tue, Feb 2, 2010 at 9:26 AM, Tony Espy <espy at canonical.com> wrote:
> Luis R. Rodriguez wrote:
>>
>> I wanted to let you know I threw in the Atheros ethernet drivers as
>> part of compat-wireless.
>
> Luis --
>
> Does this include support for the Atheros AR8152 PCI-E fast ethernet
> adapter?  Also, what's the lead time for this to land in a "stable" release?

Figured I'd give you the heads up that the AR8152 is not supported
upstream yet. I just got a tarball of the driver that supports this
and AR8151. Here's our current upstream support status table:

Driver Model-name             vendor:device    Type
atl1c  AR8131                 1969:1063        Gigabit Ethernet
atl1c  AR8132                 1969:1062        Fast Ethernet
atl1   L1                     1969:1048        Gigabit Ethernet
atl2   L2                     1969:2048        Fast Ethernet
atl1e  AR8121/AR8113/AR8114   1969:1026        Gigabit/Fast Ethernet(driver
                                               check one internal register to
                                               see if support gigabit)
atl1c  AR8151(v1.0)           1969:1073        Gigabit Ethernet(not support
                                               in kernel yet)
atl1c  AR8152(v1.1)           1969:2060        Fast Ethernet(not support
                                               in kernel yet)
atl1c  AR8152(v2.0)           1969:2062        Fast Ethernet(not support
                                               in kernel yet)

I just updated the PCI ID database accordingly. The driver patches for
atl1c might be easy, will take a quick look. FWIW the tarball I will
be looking at in a few moments is

http://kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/people/mcgrof/ethernet/AR81Family-linux-v1.0.1.6.tar.bz2

  Luis