Enable virtfs in Natty ??

Venkateswararao Jujjuri (JV) jvrao at linux.vnet.ibm.com
Tue Dec 7 17:13:18 GMT 2010

On 12/6/2010 10:20 AM, Tim Gardner wrote:
> On 12/06/2010 11:04 AM, Venkateswararao Jujjuri (JV) wrote:
>> On 12/6/2010 8:43 AM, Tim Gardner wrote:
>>> Looks to me like the only config options that aren't already enabled in Natty
>>> are CONFIG_9P_FSCACHE and CONFIG_9P_FS_POSIX_ACL. Do they need to be enabled?
>>
>> Thanks a lot for looking into our request.
>>
>> The CONFIG_9P_FS_POSIX_ACL is needed for our newly added
>> ACL support, and FSCACHE can be delayed as it is optional to enable caching
>> for now.
>> Once we add mmap support then we need that config option also for the mmap
>> functionality.
>> For now no need to enable CONFIG_9P_FSCACHE by default.
>>
>>   CONFIG_NET_9P=y
>>   CONFIG_NET_9P_VIRTIO=m
>>   CONFIG_NET_9P_DEBUG=y
>>   CONFIG_9P_FS=y
>>   CONFIG_9P_FS_POSIX_ACL=y
>>

> Will you have mmap support for 2.6.38? If so, we might as well turn on
> CONFIG_9P_FSCACHE now so it doesn't get forgotten.

What is your release/code cut off dates. For now I think it is safe not to
enable this option.
users can enable it if they want to use this feature.

>> Also this functionality is linked to taking latest QEMU from mainline. What are
>> the plans for
>> QEMU? Depending on QEMU version config options we need enable may change too.
>>
>> Thanks,
>> JV
>>

> This is what rmadison shows for natty:
>
> qemu | 0.13.0+noroms-0ubuntu9

QEMU 0.13 has lot of our stuff but not entirely.  But QEMU 0.14 will have lot
more support.
Again, what is your schedule and any plans of including QEMU 0.14 level code?

Thanks,
JV