[stable] Linux 2.6.32.27+drm33.12

Greg KH greg at kroah.com
Fri Dec 10 17:44:10 UTC 2010

On Fri, Dec 10, 2010 at 03:33:58PM +0100, Stefan Bader wrote:
> I am announcing the release of the 2.6.32.27+drm33.12 stable tree.

I'm sorry, but that combination is anything but "stable".

> This tree is based on 2.6.32 and generally has all of the stable updates
> applied. Except those to the DRM subsystem, which was based on 2.6.33 and
> took updates from that upstream stable as long as that existed. It will
> continue to add patches to the DRM subsystem as long as they are valid
> according to the stable update rules (Documentation/stable_kernel_rules.txt).

You didn't follow that rule for the drm tree, so please, don't call this
a "stable" tree at all.

Also note the new name for longterm kernel releases, "longterm", not
"stable".

> DRM patches for this tree should be sent to kernel-team at lists.ubuntu.com.

Why make developers do extra work for this old kernel tree?  That's not
very nice.

> This release contains patches from upstream 2.6.32.27, but dropped any patches
> to the DRM subsystem.

That doesn't seem wise, but hey, good luck with it, that's a
frankenkernel if I've ever seen one...

greg k-h