Kernel Team Hot Bug List

Jeremy Foshee jeremy.foshee at canonical.com
Mon Dec 6 21:25:48 UTC 2010

On Sat, Dec 04, 2010 at 08:48:43AM -0500, Pete Graner wrote:
> On 12/03/2010 09:24 AM, Jeremy Foshee wrote:
> > Folks,
> >     I have published the first relatively comprehensive list of hot bugs
> > to my reporting area.
> > http://reports.qa.ubuntu.com/reports/jfo/kernel-buglist-by-team.html
> >
> > Please have a look at this first rough output and let me know if you
> > have preferences as to how the comments are structured. My plan is to
> > have this list updated by Wednesday of each week at the latest so that
> > there will be time to look over the release team bugs before the meeting
> > on Fridays. Let me know what you think.
> >
> > Thanks!
> >
> > ~JFo
> >

> Jfo,
>
> Perhaps some background what what this list is trying to accomplish
> would be helpful.
>
> I'm not quite sure about the *why* these particular bugs are on this
> list. While I find some of the bugs are important, for example why are
> the SRU tracking bugs on this page?

Pete,
   My impression of the list as given to me by you was that the 'Hot
list' was bugs that the team would likely be pulled into fixing or
investigating from one of 6 teams:

* support
* QA
* Cert
* Release
* Server
* HWE
and from the SRU session the SRU team.

After the first run, I am thinking that SRU needs their own list, but we
can all discuss that later.

Per Andy, I am pulling the vast majority of these from tags. I thought
we wanted the Critical and Hot status bugs from each (probably around 5
each to make the list easily consumable) but Andy wants to gather all
bugs for a particular tag. The list you see is not at that point yet,
but once I get the search by tag script finished it will have grown
exponentially.

Let me know what you think.

~JFo