[GIT PULL] [Maverick] TI OMAP4 2.6.35 L24.9 kernel release

Oliver Grawert ogra at ubuntu.com
Tue Aug 31 08:29:42 UTC 2010

hi,

Am Dienstag, den 31.08.2010, 15:26 +0800 schrieb Bryan Wu:
> >> uploaded
> >>
> > i asked for this upload to be rejected for now since there is no way to
> > make sure its not accidentially accepted.
> >
> > the arm team isnt fully equipped with ES2.0 hardware yet, the images do
> > not have ES2.0 bootloaders on them and if a release manager would
> > accidentially accept it, the resulting binary would make the omap4
> > images unbootable.
> > if the build would have been for ES1.0 it would have been fine for beta,
> > but in the current sitiation i'm asking that it gets re-uploaded after
> > the beta release once we have the updated bootloader code on the images.
> >
> > sorry, i would have reacted earlier if i had expected it to end up in
> > the queue before beta so you wouldnt have to do the upload twice ...
> >
> > ciao
> >        oli
> >

> Oliver,
>
> I'm not sure about whether I need to revert that ES1.0 config deactive
> patch from our GIT tree and ask Tim to help upload.
> Or we just wait for a while and keep the GIT branch intact?
no, you dont need to change a thing, tim will upload the same package
after beta and we'll switch the rest of the image to ES2.0, this change
was simply to late for beta (a week ago it would have been fine).
rejecting the upload was just to prevent that someone accidentially
accepts the upload at a time where it can trash the beta images.

ciao
	oli