[RFC] Process for maintaining stable updates for drm for Lucid

manoj.iyer at canonical.com manoj.iyer at canonical.com
Mon Aug 30 17:08:08 UTC 2010

One thing that I would like to point out is that, there are some
infrastructural changes that have gone into drm since 2.6.33. Many/Most of
the recent patches reference that new infrastructure. OEMs prefers to
base on lucid, and they have products that are scheduled to be released
based on newer intel chipsets. The patches that go into upstream for these
chipsets will need to be backported from .35 to lucid, and also any
reference to new infrastructure changed to use the old one. I am concerned
this might lead to other problems. My suggestion if a patch has a
dependency, we should try to pull in the dependency as well instead of
backporting to .32.

Cheers
--- manjo