TI omap4 2.6.35 branch

Ricardo Salveti de Araujo ricardo.salveti at canonical.com
Fri Aug 27 22:48:15 UTC 2010

On Fri, 2010-08-27 at 19:50 +0800, Bryan Wu wrote:
> Ricardo, Thanks a lot for the testing on ES2.0 board.
>
> I've fixed the audio building failure with 2 patches from TI guys.
> Please find my git branch here:
> http://kernel.ubuntu.com/git?p=roc/ubuntu-maverick.git;a=shortlog;h=refs/heads/ti-omap4
>
> And the cross compiled kernel package here:
> http://people.canonical.com/~roc/kernel/omap4-2.6.35/
>
> Please help me to test.
>
> Issues:
> =====
>  * USB EHCI port doesn't work on ES1.0, but ES2.0 is OK.
>    Sebastien, could you please add some input here.
>  * HDMI function, IIRC, Lee asked for that. I didn't test it yet,
> since I am using Maverick minimal root fs.
>  * Could we drop ES1.0 support in our Maverick, since we are targeting ES2.0 HW?
>
> If there is no big change, I'm going to send out git pull request soon.

Tested with your kernel tree + the revert es1 patch from Sebastien:
http://kernel.ubuntu.com/git?p=rsalveti/ubuntu-maverick.git;a=shortlog;h=refs/heads/rsalveti-ti-omap4-es2

Results:
 - Used today's pre-installed image, changing kernel, x-loader and
u-boot
 - boot at 1GHz and 1GB
 - Ethernet
 - USB: mouse and keyboard
 - HDMI screen

Everything works fine besides the sound, as you can check from my boot
log: http://paste.ubuntu.com/484693/

Once we can solve this issue I'd say we're ready to go for a first
release.

Cheers,
--
Ricardo Salveti de Araujo