TI omap4 2.6.35 branch

Bryan Wu bryan.wu at canonical.com
Sat Aug 28 02:12:42 UTC 2010

On Sat, Aug 28, 2010 at 6:48 AM, Ricardo Salveti de Araujo
<ricardo.salveti at canonical.com> wrote:
> On Fri, 2010-08-27 at 19:50 +0800, Bryan Wu wrote:
>> Ricardo, Thanks a lot for the testing on ES2.0 board.
>>
>> I've fixed the audio building failure with 2 patches from TI guys.
>> Please find my git branch here:
>> http://kernel.ubuntu.com/git?p=roc/ubuntu-maverick.git;a=shortlog;h=refs/heads/ti-omap4
>>
>> And the cross compiled kernel package here:
>> http://people.canonical.com/~roc/kernel/omap4-2.6.35/
>>
>> Please help me to test.
>>
>> Issues:
>> =====
>>  * USB EHCI port doesn't work on ES1.0, but ES2.0 is OK.
>>    Sebastien, could you please add some input here.
>>  * HDMI function, IIRC, Lee asked for that. I didn't test it yet,
>> since I am using Maverick minimal root fs.
>>  * Could we drop ES1.0 support in our Maverick, since we are targeting ES2.0 HW?
>>
>> If there is no big change, I'm going to send out git pull request soon.
>
> Tested with your kernel tree + the revert es1 patch from Sebastien:
> http://kernel.ubuntu.com/git?p=rsalveti/ubuntu-maverick.git;a=shortlog;h=refs/heads/rsalveti-ti-omap4-es2
>
> Results:
>  - Used today's pre-installed image, changing kernel, x-loader and
> u-boot
>  - boot at 1GHz and 1GB
>  - Ethernet
>  - USB: mouse and keyboard
>  - HDMI screen
>
> Everything works fine besides the sound, as you can check from my boot
> log: http://paste.ubuntu.com/484693/
>
> Once we can solve this issue I'd say we're ready to go for a first
> release.

Sebastien and Ricardo,

Thanks a lot for this testing. After review some security patches need
to be applied, I believe we already got them since we rebased our TI
patches on top of Ubuntu master branch.

So I'm going to send out the git pull request and for HDMI and sound
issue, we can file bugs on Launchpad and try to fix them later.

-Bryan