How do I upgrade the kernel after adding PPA. Need to patch for fix to Synaptic touchpad on vostro v13

Simon Hook simon.j.hook at jpl.nasa.gov
Fri Aug 20 15:08:35 UTC 2010

Mario Limonciello wrote:
> Stefan:
>
> On 08/20/2010 08:24 AM, Stefan Bader wrote:
>> On 08/20/2010 03:11 PM, Tim Gardner wrote:
>>
>> I am not sure this is exactly what Simon wants. It might be some meta package
>> issue but I had the impression he just wanted to normal pre-proposed kernels,
>> not the 2.6.35 lts backport. There has been a period of time where we had
>> pre-proposed meta not up to date. But that should have been fixed by now.
>>
>> Stefan
>>

> Really what I think he's looking for is a quick way to test out that
> patch to see if it also fixes his laptop.  It fixes a lot of
> Latitudes, and Vostro is normally leveraged from Latitude.
>
> --
> *Mario Limonciello*
> Linux Engineer
> *Dell* | OS Engineering
Mario -- see my later post. I got the more recent kernel installed,
unfortunately wireless stopped working and the the patch did not apply
correctly -- same error as with the other kernel. I now need to know how
to revert back to the earlier kernel to get  wireless back I am happy to
try updated patches if they become available. -- thanks Simon