How do I upgrade the kernel after adding PPA. Need to patch for fix to Synaptic touchpad on vostro v13

Mario Limonciello Mario_Limonciello at Dell.com
Fri Aug 20 15:01:55 UTC 2010

  Stefan:

On 08/20/2010 08:24 AM, Stefan Bader wrote:
> On 08/20/2010 03:11 PM, Tim Gardner wrote:
> I am not sure this is exactly what Simon wants. It might be some meta package
> issue but I had the impression he just wanted to normal pre-proposed kernels,
> not the 2.6.35 lts backport. There has been a period of time where we had
> pre-proposed meta not up to date. But that should have been fixed by now.
>
> Stefan

Really what I think he's looking for is a quick way to test out that
patch to see if it also fixes his laptop.  It fixes a lot of Latitudes,
and Vostro is normally leveraged from Latitude.

--
*Mario Limonciello*
Linux Engineer