linux-linaro meta package

Loïc Minier loic.minier at ubuntu.com
Thu Aug 12 04:33:32 UTC 2010

On Wed, Aug 11, 2010, John Rigby wrote:
> My first thought was that for omap flavor of linux-linaro the packages
> should be:
>
> linux-linaro-headers-omap
> linux-linaro-image-omap
> linux-linaro-omap
>
> But then I remembered something about these names having to fit a
> certain convention.  So do I need to stick the "linaro" somewhere else?
> Or does it not matter since these are just meta packages for grabbing
> the latest version?

 It might seem logical either way ($source-$flavour =>
 linux-linaro-image-omap, or linux-$source_suffix-$flavour =>
 linux-image-linaro-omap); the current examples in the archive all start
 with linux-image-, even when they come from different sources.  e.g.
 linux-meta-ec2 produces linux-headers-ec2, linux-image-ec2, linux-ec2;
 not linux-ec2-*.

--
Loïc Minier