Ubuntu sparc and ia64 ports

Leann Ogasawara leann.ogasawara at canonical.com
Wed Aug 11 19:56:59 UTC 2010

Hi all,

Earlier in the Maverick release cycle the Tech Board had posted an
announcement [1] that we'd decommission support for the Ubuntu sparc and
ia64 ports at Feature Freeze (ie Thurs Aug 12) if no interested parties
stepped forward to take over maintenance.  It's my understanding no one
has stepped forward to take ownership.  As such, I'm sending this
announcement to give notice that we'll be stripping support for these
archs from our Ubuntu kernel for Maverick.

Thanks,
Leann Ogasawara

[1] https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/ubuntu-devel-announce/2010-June/000722.html