linux-patch packaging best practice.

Tim Nowaczyk tan7f at virginia.edu
Tue Aug 10 15:55:47 UTC 2010

Hello all,

I created a kernal patch package for our local site, linux-patch-web100, that was working fine with hardy.  It seems that the "--added-patches" argument to make-kpkg was removed sometime between the release of hardy and lucid.  I haven't found any discussion of this online.  My question is, what is the current best practice for packaging linux kernel patches?  Is it still dh-kpatches?  Do I just have to update my README to instruct the users to run /usr/src/kernel-patches/all/apply/web100 before make-kpkg?  Or, is there a new framework that is now preferred?

Many Thanks,
Tim Nowaczyk

--
Timothy Nowaczyk