Please include patch from bug 606081 (missing copy_from_user in radeon drm code)

Daniel J Blueman daniel.blueman at gmail.com
Sun Aug 8 10:15:12 UTC 2010

On 7 August 2010 18:59, Dr. David Alan Gilbert <dave at treblig.org> wrote:
> Hi,
>  Please could you pick up my patch in bug 606081
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/linux/+bug/606081
>
> It fixes a missing copy_from_user in the radeon drm code that
> causes an oops running google earth on 64bit Maverick.
>
> It's not clear to me whether there also needs to be a separate
> fix to the 32bit compat code; but the patch fixes the oops
> which is a pretty obvious missing copy_from_user.
> (I don't think it's actually a security issue - the read value
> is only used in a comparison, not returned directly).
>
> Dave

It's best to forward your patch
[http://launchpadlibrarian.net/52825846/radeon-info-ioctl-cfu.diff] to
linux-kernel at vger.kernel.org and dri-devel at lists.freedesktop.org and
CC stable at vger.kernel.org .

The patch will be released in 2.6.35.1, which will be used in Maverick.

Thanks,
  Daniel
--
Daniel J Blueman