Please cherry-pick audio patch for Dell Optiplex

David Henningsson david.henningsson at canonical.com
Tue Aug 3 07:50:14 UTC 2010

I would like us to cherry-pick commit b08b1637ce from
git.kernel.org/linux/kernel/git/tiwai/sound-2.6.git, put it into
Maverick, test it there for a month or two and assuming no regressions,
I'll submit it to stable at kernel.org and it'll reach Lucid that way. It's
in Takashi's tree, so it will be in 2.6.36.

If applied, it will fix playback on several Dell Optiplex machines and
some others. There is a theoretical risc for regressions for people
having ALC268 chips with broken BIOSes, but I believe it is very small,
but still that's why I would like some testing in Maverick first.

(If the patch does not apply cleanly, apply 5d4abf93 first.)

--
David Henningsson, Canonical Ltd.
http://launchpad.net/~diwic