[GIT PULL] mvl-dove branch sync'ed to Marvell Dove LSP 5.3.2

Eric Miao eric.miao at canonical.com
Mon Aug 2 15:50:13 UTC 2010

On Mon, Aug 2, 2010 at 11:36 PM, Tim Gardner <tim.gardner at canonical.com> wrote:
> On 08/02/2010 09:05 AM, Eric Miao wrote:
>>
>> git://kernel.ubuntu.com/ycmiao/ubuntu-lucid.git mvl-dove

The original LSP 5.3.2 branch for reference is at:

http://kernel.ubuntu.com/git?p=leali/ubuntu-lucid.git;a=summary

> Did anyone notice that the patch 'Make some BT modules and ACL support for
> File System as defautl in dove_defconfig' doesn't actually do anything?

Grrr... the original change modified only dove_defconfig, and the change
was actually merged in a previous commit syncing the dove_defconfig,
leaving an almost empty commit after rebasing. We can safely remove
this.

> Nor does 'dove: fix SPI flash model and size found on db board'

The original patch also does nothing except for changing the comment.
Not really sure for its specific purpose, but simply merged here so to
avoid possible merge conflict in the future.

> So, what exactly are we supposed to do with this enormous pile of patches?
> They certainly don't pass SRU qualifications.

Hrm.... then I guess we need to figure out those we do need or
are simply fixing patches, and leave out those irrelevant. Yet I'm
afraid we'll be more and more difficult to merge further LSP syncs
from Marvell?