Suspend/Resume Inspiron 1464/1764 Lucid bug# 571422

Manoj Iyer manoj.iyer at canonical.com
Wed Apr 28 20:19:11 UTC 2010

Mario/Jerone,

I trying to help Ben (cced) with suspend resume issues he is seeing on
Lucid with his Inspiron 1464 & 1764 models. He has done some preliminary
debug, he says "testing all modes in /sys/power/pm_test succeed, but when
I echo none to it, the system does not come back. According to the
documentation, this suggests that it is in the invocation of the platform
firmware"

Buglink: https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/linux/+bug/571422

Can you guys pls advice as to what the next steps are in figuring out what
the issue/fix might be ?

Cheers
--- manjo