[LUCID] Turn off CONFIG_THINKPAD_ACPI_ALSA_SUPPORT

Daniel Chen seven.steps at gmail.com
Tue Apr 27 13:44:07 UTC 2010

On Tue, 2010-04-27 at 10:40 +0100, Stefan Bader wrote:
>> It might be a reason to see whether the lbm alsa loading might be fixable. But
>> would TPs really need latest ALSA?

On Tue, Apr 27, 2010 at 9:38 AM, Jerone Young
<jerone.young at canonical.com> wrote:
> Yes new TPs X201, T410, T410s, Tt10, W510, & W710. Will need alsa
> backports for Doc Mic support & microphone jack support to work. This
> way they can get Ubuntu Certified.

But those are codec-specific additions. Backporting (really, just
dropping in) the bits from patch_analog.c (or realtek if necessary for
other models, though I think AD is where the action's at) is
sufficient; a wholesale backport of 1.0.23/master HEAD is not
necessary.

-Dan