[Lucid] [Patch 0/3] SRU: Fix usbdux driver timeout and lockups

Leann Ogasawara leann.ogasawara at canonical.com
Mon Apr 19 20:51:42 UTC 2010

On Fri, 2010-04-16 at 16:03 -0700, Stefan Bader wrote:
> Leann Ogasawara wrote:
> > Hi All,
> >
> > https://bugs.edge.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/linux/+bug/483343
> >
> > SRU Justification/Impact:
> >
> > Per the request of the usbdux maintainer, the following patches resolve
> > a usbdux driver timeout and lockup.  All three patches have landed in
> > 2.6.33 upstream.  Please note that this set of patches depend on the
> > patch to fix bug 563436 (ie re-enable comedi drivers).  I recognize we
> > are frozen for the upcoming release so please consider this for the
> > first Lucid Stable Release Update.
> >
> > TEST CASE:
> >
> > I've built a test kernel with the upstream patches applied.  I've
> > received confirmation from the bug reporter (usbdux maintainer) that
> > this indeed resolves the timeout and lockup.
[...]
> I am happy with those as well. And from the look of those these look like
> acceptable for stable too. So we (or Bernd) should send them to
> stable at kernel.org with a note that this is for .32.y. There is only one thing
> that needs to be changed, which is that the patches sent need to have
>
> commit <upstream sha1> upstream
>
> inserted as the first line of the comment instead of the statement in the s-o-b
> area (this is actually a Linus requirement as I learned today).

I've gone ahead and forwarded these onto stable.  I've also updated the
patches in my kernel.ubuntu.com git repo so that the referenced upstream
sha1 id's are immediately following the patch title as preferred by
upstream (rather than in the s-o-b area) and I've also prefixed each
title with "(pre-stable)".

Thanks,
Leann

The following changes since commit c2cd04d7aea14bd09bf34126cf916566374132e7:
  Leann Ogasawara (1):
        Revert "UBUNTU: staging/comdi -- disable"

are available in the git repository at:

  git://kernel.ubuntu.com/ogasawara/ubuntu-lucid lp483343

Bernd Porr (3):
      (pre-stable) Staging: comedi: fix usbdux timeout bug
      (pre-stable) Staging: comedi: usbdux.c: fix locking up of the driver when the comedi ringbuffer runs empty
      (pre-stable) Staging: comedi: removed "depricated" from COMEDI_CB_BLOCK

 drivers/staging/comedi/comedi.h         |    2 +-
 drivers/staging/comedi/drivers/usbdux.c |   20 ++++++++++++--------