[Karmic] SRU: Disable CONFIG_USB_DEVICEFS

Andy Whitcroft apw at canonical.com
Thu Apr 8 15:40:10 UTC 2010

On Tue, Feb 16, 2010 at 08:35:59AM -0600, Jerone Young wrote:
> This is more like pulling the rug from under users.  Some
> applications .. such as virtual box, use this currently (even though
> they should not) to properly grab usb devices.
>
> Changes like this should be best left for Lucid so users don't get a
> surprise when they update their kernel.

Missed this ... but ...

The change was only introduced mid-karmic, and we later found that you
cannot enable it and have general USB device firmware loading.  It is
and has been deprecated for so very long that noone should be using it.
It is incompatible with other things in Karmic and should not have been
enabled.

-apw