[Lucid][pull request] Update to 2.6.32.11 stable kernel

Chase Douglas chase.douglas at canonical.com
Sat Apr 3 13:55:54 UTC 2010

> commit d6191b336f423ff680836dedafb23feae97a069c
> Author: Clemens Ladisch <clemens at ladisch.de>
>
>    PCI quirk: RS780/RS880: work around missing MSI initialization
>
> # Type: Quirk
> ! This should get dropped. Has been reported to cause regressions
> # Was dropped since the last review

FYI: This patch seems to have been reworked in linux-2.6 HEAD (plus a
very fresh patch on lkml). The change made is to not quirk on all the
ATI graphics chips, but to quirk on specific motherboards that don't
initialize MSI properly. If we see any ATI bugs, it might help to ask
people to boot with pci=nomsi and add quirks for motherboards if it
fixes things.

-- Chase