Kernel performance measurement tool

Tim Gardner tim.gardner at canonical.com
Thu Sep 10 15:11:25 UTC 2009

Scott - 2.6.31 contains a new performance measurement tool that is
maintained within the upstream kernel git repository. By virtue of its
location, I assume that this tool is very sensitive to the kernel ABI.
How would you suggest we package this executable? Place it in
/lib/modules/`uname -r` somewhere? I don't think the default install
location from the Makefile is sensible with respect to providing a
unique instance of the executable for each kernel ABI.

Tim Gardner tim.gardner at canonical.com