[Karmic] SRU: Update to 2.6.31.5 stable kernel

Leann Ogasawara leann.ogasawara at canonical.com
Wed Oct 28 18:12:06 UTC 2009

On Wed, 2009-10-28 at 17:19 +0000, Stefan Bader wrote:
> Leann Ogasawara wrote:
> > Hi All,
> >
> > I realize that Karmic isn't quite out the door just yet, but I wanted to
> > get our first Karmic SRU in order.  Note, updating to 2.6.31.5 will also
> > result in an ABI Bump.
> >
> > https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/karmic/+source/linux/+bug/461556
[snip]
> As we seem to have gathered at least one thing that we might want to get out
> of the door slightly quicker, we probably need to go for those first and then
> add the stable update on top of that. Problem with the stable updates in general
> is that we get them in bulk, so we need a longer timer in proposed for them.
> But hopefully everything you got now just can be rebased onto the new top.

Ack.  I assume the patches you're referring to that need to get out
quicker are:

      * UBUNTU: SAUCE: [x86] fix report of cs-limit nx-emulation
      * UBUNTU: [Upstream] (drop after 2.6.31) usb-storage: Workaround
        devices with bogus sense size
      * UBUNTU: [Upstream] (drop after 2.6.31) Input: synaptics - add
        another Protege M300 to rate blacklist

Since these are already in the current Karmic tree, want to me get the
build ready for you to sign off on and upload or did you want to do
this?

I can then easily rebase the stable patch set on top of this.

Thanks,
Leann