Staging drivers disabled in 2.6.32-rc* ppa?

bjaglin at free.fr bjaglin at free.fr
Fri Nov 27 07:27:27 UTC 2009

Hi,

I am trying the 2.6.32 packages from the kernel ppa on Karmic, and since my
wireless card is not working properly with rt2800usb, I was looking for
rt2870sta which works just fine in my stock 2.6.31-15. However, I could not find
the drivers/staging directory in my /lib/modules, nor in the build log for the
ppa.

AFAIK, the staging drivers are still present in 2.6.32, and I found them in the
Debian sid packages. Is there a reason why the ppa packages do not include them?

Thanks,
Brice