Integrating 2.6.32.y for lucid

Luis R. Rodriguez mcgrof at gmail.com
Fri Nov 13 19:46:56 UTC 2009

On Fri, Nov 13, 2009 at 5:37 AM, Andy Whitcroft <apw at canonical.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Nov 11, 2009 at 11:30:37AM -0800, Luis R. Rodriguez wrote:
>> Will Lucid also not take the extra version for the uname -r?
>>
>> I had to ask :)
>
> We are not currently planning on changing the name there no?  That is the
> kernel release number, and is in our case the Ubuntu release designation.
> As the stable releases are not merged, but cherry picked often only in
> part it is not clear it is valid to say we are 2.6.31.4 if we are not in
> fact completely so.

You guys are the ones with the experience in cherry picking patches
*out* and *in*, I'm curious would it be possible to move the
discussions that you have internally about these patches themselves
into the linux stable review list instead?

I don't think other distributions do this but I don't particularly
care about what others do, I'm trying to understand if something like
this *is* possible or not.

In other words it would seem to me your own careful analysis of stable
patches would be kindly welcomed for the stable releases and seriously
considered.

  Luis