Ubuntu 9.10 x86 USB images

Luis R. Rodriguez mcgrof at gmail.com
Tue Nov 10 02:45:25 UTC 2009

On Mon, Nov 9, 2009 at 5:32 PM, Steve Langasek
<steve.langasek at canonical.com> wrote:

>> > Steve - This feels like its worth a one liner to point out alternative
>> > ways to burn an ISO. Who constructs this web page? Matt Nuzum?
>>
>> Yes, you'll need to talk to Matt Nuzum about this - or file a bug on
>> the ubuntu-website project, which directs to him anyway.
>
> Whoops, sorry, reading too fast - no, releases.ubuntu.com is under the
> control of the release team.
>
> But releases.ubuntu.com/9.10 already includes a link to
> https://wiki.ubuntu.com/MobileTeam/Mobile/HowTo/ImageWriting - does that not
> cover this issue?

No, that guide is for basically dd'ing img files to your flash drive
and its not that up to date. The current method for creating USB
images is you do it yourself based on the ISO file you must download.
There are no img files for x86 or x86_64, they only exist for some
Marvell and some Arm platform of some sorts.

It would be good to explain what those images are for exactly, which
is also not clearly stated on the releases page.

  Luis