[Intrepid, Jaunty] SRU: Fix bluetooth hci timout

Andy Whitcroft apw at canonical.com
Mon Mar 30 09:45:10 UTC 2009

On Mon, Mar 30, 2009 at 11:18:41AM +0200, Stefan Bader wrote:
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/linux/+bug/268502
>
> SRU justification:
>
> Impact: A series of bluetooth dongles [1] do not work properly with the new
>         btusb driver which replaced usb_hci. This has been fixed upstream
>         (2.6.29-rc3). The required changes are all local to the btusb driver.
>
> Fix: The following three patches are required to fix this (two as prerequisite
>      and one for the actual fix). The fix deviates from upstream by the change
>      of a version number and the missing resume part which does not exist for
>      Intrepid nor Jaunty.
>
> Test: Fix has been tested by bug reporters.
>
> [1] Bluetooth doesn't work for at least the following devices:
>     ID 1131:1001 Integrated System Solution Corp. KY-BT100 Bluetooth Adapter
>     ID 1131:1004 Integrated System Solution Corp. Bluetooth Device
>     ID 2001:f111 D-Link Corp. [hex] DBT-122 Bluetooth adapter
>     ID 0a5c:200a Broadcom Corp. Bluetooth dongle

The first of these is purly mechanical and would error if it was wrong.
The second almost feels wrong in that it seems to make us schedule_work
much more often.  But as we the rip out the code I was worried about in
the third I think we can ignore it.  Sounds like a big improvement.

Acked-by: Andy Whitcroft <apw at canonical.com>

-apw