Wiki page for helping users send patches upstream

Leann Ogasawara leann.ogasawara at canonical.com
Mon Mar 9 20:49:06 UTC 2009

On Mon, 2009-03-09 at 11:16 -0700, Luis R. Rodriguez wrote:
> On Mon, Mar 9, 2009 at 7:33 AM, Andy Whitcroft <apw at canonical.com> wrote:
> > Ok, I have converted this to a more efficient lookup mechanism from the
> > local repositories and added it to the kernel-ppa:
> >
> >    http://kernel.ubuntu.com/~kernel-ppa/info/kernel-version-map.html
> >
> > It should basically look the same as your existing page.
>
> Stashed a reference to this on the wireless ubuntu wiki. BTW any
> chance a third column might be added to indicate whether or not the
> kernel is in updates yet? I take if its not in updates it would then
> be in the proposed repository. For me this would be useful as if I
> deal with a user on a kernel only in updates but find the targeted
> kernel I want the user to try is in proposed I can just check that
> page and ask him to try.

It would be quite easy to add this third column to the page *if* we
could use launchpadlib on the server to determine which pocket
(-release, -security, -updates, -proposed) the specific kernel version
is in.  Unfortunately launchpadlib isn't installed at the moment and
even then it seems that the server restricts outside communication.
I'll try to investigate possible alternatives, but no promises.

Thanks,
Leann