Wiki page for helping users send patches upstream

Leann Ogasawara leann.ogasawara at canonical.com
Thu Mar 5 16:25:06 UTC 2009

On Thu, 2009-03-05 at 09:24 +0000, Andy Whitcroft wrote:
> On Wed, Mar 04, 2009 at 08:56:30PM -0800, Leann Ogasawara wrote:
> > On Tue, 2009-03-03 at 08:34 -0800, Leann Ogasawara wrote:
> > > On Mon, 2009-03-02 at 21:06 -0800, Luis R. Rodriguez wrote:
> > [snip]
> > >
> > > This doesn't exist at the moment.  I'll try and put something together
> > > and get back to you.
> >
> > I wrote a script to generate the Ubuntu kernel to upstream kernel
> > version mapping:
> >
> > http://kernel.ubuntu.com/~ogasawara/kernel-version-map.html
> >
> > It shows mappings for Jaunty, Intrepid, and Hardy.  I set up a daily
> > cron so it should automatically update for any new release.  It's not
> > yet available as a wiki, but I'll let you know when I have it auto
> > updating a wiki page.
>
> This page rocks.  This should probabally be an official part of the
> kernel team information.  It would likely make sense to have this in the
> kernel-ppa web site?  If you could send me the script I could look at
> including it.

I think it would be great if this were under the kernel-ppa site rather
than my own directory.  I've attached the script I used.  It's a bit of
a hack so feel free to clean it up :)  It's also not efficient because
we should only need to get the existing version mapping once and then
just update for any new release.  Anyways, let me know when this is
available from http://kernel.ubuntu.com/~kernel-ppa and I'll turn off my
cron and redirect to the new page.

Thanks,
Leann